Zadie Smith, White Teeth
1. Lay on the floor of your shower until you can breathe again. Water will always love to love your skin.
2. Start writing with the intention of filling up one page. Write until your pen stops working.
3. Reread a book that once made you cry. Learn something new on every page. Notice how different chapter make you sad. Notice how the book didn’t change and grow; you did.
4. Sleep with your windows open. You can hear both the rain and boys drunkenly singing Frank Sinatra on their deck. Both are equally good.
5. Don’t forget that honey will always taste sweet, but the best way to eat it is off your fingers, laughing.
6. Remember that, sometimes, getting out of bed is enough.
- For unhappy girls who like sitting in the sun (h.f.j.)
I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.
- Audrey Hepburn (via doubleana)
New poem! This was inspired by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s, The Little Prince. Hope you like it! xo Lang
So why is one considered ‘inappropriate’ and the other accepted? Stop sexualising my body.
I wonder this too. Why is it a man’s breast and nipple are okay to show but a woman’s breast and nipple isn’t.
best thing to reblog yet
it’s funny because every time I reblog this I lose at least one follower who seems offended by a nipple
congrats to the first-ever tumblr best fandom forever winner, harry potter! potterheads crushed it.
see the winner in action on the mtvu fandom awards this sunday, july 27 at 8/7c on mtv. hint: it might involve someone whose name rhymes with “songbottom.”